Financial and Operational Due Diligence - Middle East Private Equity - Case Study
Background: A Merger and Acquisition: To evaluate how robust the business was from a sales, market potential, financial and supply chain perspective.
The Client: A major Middle East Private Equity group (nearly $1 billion in assets) was interested in acquiring a sizeable but minority stake in a company in the Retail sector. The engagement entailed a full due diligence process covering:
- The organisation and management capability
- Robustness of the Operations
- The brands potential and future sector growth
- Financial due diligence
- Market visit and tour of a number of the outlets
- Customer profile and marketing programs
The Outcome: Based on the due diligence process it was decided not to invest in the business.